The Glass Bottom Boat Whitianga is run by an experienced, fun, energetic yet professional team. With years of experience on the water, working with wildlife and the tourism industry, everyone works hard to ensure every trip is one to remember.
A traditional Maori word meaning hospitality or taking care of ones mana
Why we are special
- The only boat with two crew to assist you during the tour (over the summer months).
- Our purpose built vessel is the optimum is passenger comfort and safety. Enjoy the comfort of our cabin keeping you protected from the sun or any weather conditions.
- The only vessel without designated seating, allowing you to get up and move around the boat as pleased.
- Very highly ranked on Trip Adviser, Silver Qualmark status and a recipient of Destination Coromandel’s Service Award 2017.
Owners, Mark and Hayley Jones have been working in Eco tourism for over 15 years in different locations around the world. They met in Exmouth, WA while diving with whalesharks before setting off to Canada, Tonga and the Caribbean. They are very happy to be living in Whitianga, with a business of their own, in an industry they love.
They are very lucky to be working with such an amazing team of skippers, guides and sales crew. All Coromandel locals who bring their own flare to the GBB Whanau.
Angela is the wonderful lady running the booking office. She has lived in Coromanel for many years and and has a love for the ocean and outdoors. Angela has a friendly and bubbly personality and is full of local information.
Steve has been working on these waters for over 10 yeas. After running his own tour business he decided to join our fun team and has a wealth of experience and knowledge to share.
Joe is a Coromandel local with years of seamanship under his belt. He has a big passion for the area, the history and has many great stories to share. Be ready to laugh.
Ash and Shona are part fish and love being on and in the water. Between them they have years of skippering, tourism and guiding experience. You will notice their passion for the ocean straight away and they have been known to be dolphin whispheres.
Why we are special:
- We are one of the only two companies in the Coromandel that have a mammal watch permit.
- We share information on sightings with DOC and Orca Research Trust.
- We care about our environment. We recycle, reuse and repurpose as much as possible. We use eco friendly products when possible and try very had to limit our waste.
We only have one ocean so please be kind to it. When on the water don’t throw rubbish overboard and if you come across some please pick it up. Don’t take anything from a marine reserve or when out of the reserve don’t take anything you don’t need.
Take only photos and leave only bubbles or footprints.
Guardianship, protection and preservation. Management of our environment based on traditional Maori views.
Seafari FleetWhitianga Glass Bottom Boat
The glass panels are fitted into our v shaped hull allowing the ride to be smooth, stable and fast when travelling distances. Both vessels are equipped with ladders to make getting on and off the vessel when swimming or snorkeling nice and easy.
The comfortable panel seats are along the side of the vessel making the deck nice and spacious, plus allows for passengers to move around the vessel to get the ultimate view and photos.
The cabin is there to protect you from the New Zealand sun and any other weather conditions that we may face. The back of the vessel is open and the large viewing windows make taking photos or enjoying the amazing Coromandel scenery very easy.
Both vessels are safe ship certified and carry all safety equipment required.
16 Monk Street, Whitianga, New Zealand.
07 867 1962
The only tour to explore ABOVE and BELOW the surface
Don't miss out, book your trip on the Glass Bottom Boat, Whitianga today!