The Glass Bottom Boat in Whitianga has been delivering quality scenic tours on the Coromandel Peninsula since 1992. The many years of operating has allowed us to fine tune our tour to provide an unforgettable experience.
Why choose us:
- Very highly ranked on Trip Adviser, voted #1 Coromandel Boat Tour and #2 must do boat activity in New Zealand.
- The only tour in the Coromandel to give you a window to the underwater life with the option to snorkel with what you see.
- Professional and friendly skippers and crew have extensive knowledge of the area and will provide you with a fun and exhilarating tour.
- The only boat with two crew to assist you during the tour (over the summer months).
- Our purpose built vessel is the optimum is passenger comfort and safety. Enjoy the comfort of our cabin keeping you protected from the sun or any weather conditions.
- The only vessel without designated seating, allowing you to get up and move around the boat as pleased.
- Our mammal watch permit allows us to get up close and personal with any dolphins, orcas or seals we come across during the tour.
Mark and Hayley
Mark and Hayley have always had a passion for the ocean, which is why they have always worked in marine tourism. They met in Exmouth WA, when working for a whale shark snorkelling and diving company. Mark and Hayley were lucky enough to then start travelling the world working for many different marine tourism companies and enjoying the diving life. This includes humpback whale tours in Tonga and Exmouth, Diving in Canada and other places in New Zealand. Mark is a qualified skipper, with many years of experience and has completed his marine biology degree in the Bay Of Plenty. Make sure to ask him all your tricky questions.
Hayley is the office manager in the booking office and a guide on the boat over the summer. She has completed several marine tourism and safety courses in Australia.
Their love for the area and passion for the ocean is what bought them to live in Whitianga and they thoroughly enjoy taking people out to experience some of the best coastline in the world! They truly believe the Glass Bottom Boat is the best way to explore Cathedral Cove and the marine reserve as you get to explore what lies above and below the surface, and they welcome you to jump onboard.
Rod has been a professional skipper for since the dawn of time. After running his own fishing tour he decided to join the Glass Bottom Boat team and enjoys meeting different people and showing them what lies on our back doorstep. Being a long time local he has very extensive knowledge of the area and many interesting stories to share.
Whitianga Glass Bottom Boat
Our custom built vessels are spacious, comfortable and packed with many up to to date safety features. Built by Stabi-Craft, who have a reputation for building safe vessel with great stability and are great in all conditions. The pontoon hulls are an extensive safety feature making the vessel virtually unsinkable and a leading design in boat building, which is why it is widely used by Coast Guard.
The glass panels are fitted into our v shaped hull allowing the ride to be smooth, stable and fast when travelling distances. Both vessels are equipped with ladders to make getting on and off the vessel when swimming or snorkeling nice and easy.
The comfortable panel seats are along the side of the vessel making the deck nice and spacious, plus allows for passengers to move around the vessel to get the ultimate view and photos.
The cabin is there to protect you from the New Zealand sun and any other weather conditions that we may face. The back of the vessel is open and the large viewing windows make taking photos or enjoying the amazing Coromandel scenery very easy.
Both vessels are safe ship certified and carry all safety equipment required.